Ten Tips to Speed Up Your Home Inspection
Speed up your home sale by preparing your home ahead of time using the following Merrimack Home Inspection tips. Your home inspection will go smoother, with fewer concerns to delay closing.
- Confirm that that the water, electrical and gas services are turned on (including pilot lights).
- Make sure your pets won’t hinder your home inspection. Ideally, they should be removed from the premises or secured outside. Tell your agent about any pets at home.
- Replace burned-out light bulbs to avoid a “light is inoperable” report that may suggest an electrical problem.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace dead batteries.
- Clean or replace dirty HVAC air filters. They should fit securely.
- Remove stored items, debris and wood from the foundation. These may be cited as “conducive conditions” for termites.
- Remove items blocking access to HVAC equipment, electrical service panels, the water heater, attic and crawlspace.
- Unlock any locked areas that your home inspector must access, such as the attic door or hatch, the electrical service panel, the door to the basement, and any exterior gates.
- Trim tree limbs so that they’re at least 10 feet away from the roof. Trim any shrubs that are too close to the house and can hides pests or hold moisture against the exterior.
- Repair or replace any broken or missing items, such as doorknobs, locks or latches, windowpanes or screens, gutters or downspouts, or chimney caps.
Checking these areas before your home inspection is an investment in selling your property. Better yet, have your InterNACHI inspector ensure that your home is Move-In Certified ™. Your real estate agent will thank you! For your protection, get a home inspection.
Alpha Building Inspections is a professional home inspection company that is a member of Inter-NACHI and holds state licenses in Home Inspections, and certification in Wood Destroying Organisms, Well / Water Testing and Radon Gas Testing in Greater Derry, Concord, Hudson, Merrimack & Manchester New Hampshire
- Home Inspection Concord NH (Buyer’s Inspections)
- Pre Listing Home Inspection Hudson NH (Seller’s Inspection)
- New Construction/New Home Inspection Derry NH(Pre-closing/Phase Inspections)
- Builder’s Home Warranty Inspections Merrimack NH
- Home Inspection Manchester NH
- Relocation Home Inspection Concord NH (Employee Relocation Home Inspection NH)
- Hot Tub Inspections
- Radon Air Testing Concord NH
- Well Inspections Hudson NH
- Septic System Inspections Manchester NH
- Water Quality Testing Derry NH
Commercial Building Inspection Services throughout Massachussetts and New Hampshire