You Should Only Pay Your Home Inspector Once!!!
After completing over 10,000 home inspections in the Central, Southern and the Sea Coast of New Hampshire, we’ve learned that home buyers, just like you, only want to pay for a home inspection once. We’re here to help you make that happen by providing you with this valuable Pre-Purchase Checklist.
When Should You Use This Home Inspection Checklist?
When You’re Ready To Make An Offer On Your Dream Home!
Using this checklist will allow you to evaluate the age and condition of the major components of the home. However, it is not intended to replace a comprehensive home inspection by a professionally trained and certified home inspector, such as Alpha Building Inspections. Upon completion of this checklist, if you still have some specific questions on any item, please contact us.
- When It Rains, Will The Water Flow Towards The Home? Yes or no
- Is There Water On The Floor Of The Crawlspace? Yes or No
- Is There A Musty Smell In The Crawlspace? Yes or No
- What Type Of Siding Is On The Home? Stucco? If so, Is It Hard Coat Or Synthetic?
- Fiberboard? If So, Is It Swollen And/Or Deteriorating? Yes or No
- What’s The Age Of The Roof?
- Are The Shingles Wavy And/Or Curled? Yes or No
- Are There Moisture Stains Present On The Ceilings or Walls? Yes or No
- Is There Mold, Mildew or Musty Smells Inside The Home? Yes or No
- Are The Windows Cloudy And Difficult To See Through? Yes or No
- Are There Uneven Floors? Yes or No
- Are There Any Cracks In The Walls? Yes or No
- Do The Doors Close Properly? Yes or No
What Is The Age Of The Heating, Cooling And Water Heating Units
- Heating Unit? (The average life span of heating and cooling is 15 + years)
- Outside Air Conditioning Unit? (The average life span of heating and cooling is 7 + years)
- Water Heater? (The average life span of heating and cooling is 5 + years)
Other Important Information:
- Are there documentation for any major changes to the property? Yes or No (Receipts/Warranties/Guarantees/Permits)
Download the Your Home Inspection Checklist
Congratulations On The Completion Of The Checklist. You Have One More Very Important Decision To Make… The Selection Of The Right Home Inspector! All Home Inspectors Are Not Created Equal, So Don’t Trust Your Biggest Investment To Just Any Home Inspector.
To Help You Make The Right Decision About Your Home Inspector, Check Out This Free Information Packed Report… 7 Ways To Avoid The Blind Home Inspector
You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers! Ask any person at Merrimack Home Inspection for more information about home inspection checklist, Call us today.