We Want To Help You Make More Money…
Steve here from Alpha Building Inspections.
It’s true! I want to help you make more money by sharing with you a way in which you can sell Your Listings faster, for more money, and with less hassle!
Too good to be true? It’s not! Let us consider the following.
When you go into an auto dealership today they have two types of “used cars.” One is just the plain old used car and the other is “Certified Pre-Owned!”
Now what does Certified Pre-Owned mean in the mind of the consumer? It means that the Certified PreOwned Vehicle has been inspected and it meets the company’s rigid guidelines for quality and excellence.
Now, will consumers pay more for Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles? Absolutely!!!
So, we tore a page out of the auto dealers “Playbook” and applied it to Real Estate!
Let’s say you have a listing on a street in a great neighborhood, but the market is very competitive on that street. How do you set your listing apart from your competitors?
Make your listing a “Certified Pre-Owned Home.”
And how do you make it a Certified Pre-Owned Home?
By having it Professionally Inspected before it goes on the market!
Here’s how our Pre-Listing Program helps the property to sell faster, for more money, and with less hassle!
As you know, potential home buyers want to purchase a home that is in tip-top shape, no matter the age of the home. Pre-Listing Inspections allow you prepare the home for these rigorous reviews. Let’s take a closer look at the details.
Buyers hire an inspector who creates a long list of repairs that the seller didn’t know about. The seller is willing to fix some issues, but the repairs cost an arm and a leg because of the
immediate deadline. The buyers want to walk regardless, because they are emotionally distraught. Your deal falls apart. The seller now has to update their disclosure or risk being
sued. You start over from scratch. Everyone is frustrated.
a) Having a home inspection before the seller puts the house on the market will allow the seller to understand any current or potential problem areas with the home that can be resolved before the buyers arrive.
o When the seller knows what needs to be repaired in advance of the sale, they have time to obtain multiple bids for the work that needs to be done and select the best contractor at the best price. o The work can be done in a time frame that fits the contractor’s schedule as well, thereby avoiding the “Rush Charges” to get the work completed.
b) If these issues are corrected, then the home will be in better condition for viewing, making it more marketable. This will help the seller obtain the maximum selling price for the home.
c) All Sellers need to know one fact – Buyers make their decision to purchase a home based on emotion and justify that decision with logic. Without a pre-listing inspection, the Buyer’s Inspector could come in and develop a long list of items needing repair. This not only worries the buyers, but gives them a reason to try and run. Also fact- Buyers can fall out of love with a home just as quickly as the fell in love with it. So, why risk a nasty surprise causing a roadblock right before the closing table, jeopardizing their sale (and your hard earned commission)?
Knowing the home’s condition in advance of the sale will save all involved a ton of frustration and disappointment!
So let’s review the facts: Having the home inspected before the first buyer shows up will reduce the cost of the needed repairs, allow the home to be sold for more money, and minimize the frustration with the entire sales process. So where’s the down side to getting a Pre-Listing Inspection?
Ok, right now you might be thinking, William, this pre-listing inspection doesn’t sound that good to me. If we get the home inspected we’ll have to disclose the problems that are discovered.
You know what? That’s correct. But the truth of the matter is, the problems that the home has are going to be discovered during the course of a professional home inspection anyway. If these surprises keep the sale from moving forward, then the seller, by law, has to update the Seller’s Disclosure Statement or risk a failure to disclose lawsuit. Then you have to look for another buyer.
Skip the backtracking. It’s much better to understand the issues with the home before the buyers arrive and deal with them in advance so the sale moves forward.
Several of the sellers we’ve worked for have repaired select items and then collected estimates from qualified contractors for the repairs they don’t want to make. They presented the repair estimates alongside the seller’s disclosure statement and the home inspection for the buyers to review.
Let’s recap the benefits the seller gets by having the home inspected before it’s placed on the market:
- “Certified Pre-Owned” helps buyers feel immediately more comfortable with the property and increases the home buyer’s perceived value of the property.
- Sellers have the opportunity to eliminate certain defects before the buyer’s arrive in order to more effectively market the home in the most positive light.
- Sellers are allowed more time to make repairs, costing them less in “rush fees.”
- Yard Signage showing the home has been Pre-Inspected and information on the home, inspection report and listing agent.
- Buyers are less likely to hire their own inspector.
- No more costly surprises found by a buyer’s inspector after the sellers thought they had a firm offer.
- Serious offers are more likely to turn into closings.
- The buyers have less negotiating leverage regarding the existing property conditions.
- The sellers can honestly disclose everything about their home, reducing their liability for disclosure, so they’re less likely to be sued by unhappy buyers.
- Pre-Listing Inspections virtually eliminate emotionally and financially draining renegotiations.
We want to help you make more money! You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers! Ask any person at Merrimack Home Inspection for more information, Call us today.
Alpha Building Inspections is a professional home inspection company that is a member of Inter-NACHI and holds state licenses in Home Inspections, and certification in Wood Destroying Organisms, Well / Water Testing and Radon Gas Testing in Greater Derry, Concord, Hudson, Merrimack & Manchester New Hampshire
- Home Inspection Concord NH (Buyer’s Inspections)
- Pre Listing Home Inspection Hudson NH (Seller’s Inspection)
- New Construction/New Home Inspection Derry NH(Pre-closing/Phase Inspections)
- Builder’s Home Warranty Inspections Merrimack NH
- Home Inspection Manchester NH
- Relocation Home Inspection Concord NH (Employee Relocation Home Inspection NH)
- Hot Tub Inspections
- Radon Air Testing Concord NH
- Well Inspections Hudson NH
- Septic System Inspections Manchester NH
- Water Quality Testing Derry NH